When is £10 not £10 // The tennerfest is a festival during October in which lots of fabulous restaurants on Jersey put on special fixed price menus. It’s a fantastic idea, but since its inception a decade ago, inflation has taken its toll. Menus are rarely £10 any more, and even if they are, it’s sometimes best to just order one course you really, really want from the menu rather than three you don’t quite.
It’s definitely Autumn around here, and my work wardrobe could do with a very small overhaul. I’m all about translating fashion trends into something I can actually see myself wearing, particularly in my somewhat conservative office environment. This isn’t high fashion here folks, it’s just a normal person trying to clothe themselves on a daily basis. If that sounds like you too, then you might like some of the things on my list.
1. // A beautiful leather strap watch in Autumnal hues.
2. // A tartan dress. One that doesn’t make you look like you’re just heading off to Erinsborough High.
3. // Seasonal shades for the eyes. I have this and – spoiler alert – it’s fantastic.
4. // A biker-style blazer to give your tartan a hint of grunge.
5. // The perfect berry nails.
6. // To match your floaty berry top.
7. // Oh look. Some more tartan.
8. // A warm jumper for overly air-conditioned offices.
9. // More berry shades. Avoid looking like cabin crew by wearing with large jewellery and some…
10. // Distressed brogues to get you round trains, planes, and/or automobiles.
11. // A dainty rose gold ring for simple glamour.
12. // A basic top to play nicely with your tartan.
13. // Berry boots which are smart enough for the office but stand a chance in the weather.
14. // Seasonally appropriate note taking.
Can you tell I’m big into tartan and berry shades at the moment?!
What are you dreaming about this season?
I’ve been dreaming about revamping my wardrobe and embracing the minimalist look. However, seeing I don’t have the money for a complete wardrobe overhaul I thought I’d just fake it til I make it with some beautiful accessories instead.