It’s Monday, and I’m over it already. My train was over half an hour late this morning due to overrunning engineering works and someone who pulled the emergency break, I had to stand for the entire hour-long journey and I nearly fainted about 3 times. Which has actually happened to me once or twice before – I think it’s due to my low blood pressure, going from cold to stuffy train heat, and mornings in general, not pregnancy as my colleagues helpfully suggested. Anyway, I now have a complex about fainting on trains so I’m sure that added to the whole dynamic as well.
Train woes aside, I decided that today was the day to post the response to being nominated by Sarah for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Sarah! Because you asked, here are 7 things about me.
- I LOVE Dolly Mixtures but they give me a horrible headache if I eat to many. Despite this fact, I’m still unable to sensibly regulate my intake.
- People who walk obnoxiously really annoy me. Read: people who walk slowly and right in the middle of the pavement, people who stop suddenly whilst walking, people who are glued to their phones whilst walking. Look where you are going! (You should also probably infer from this that I’m quite a purposeful walker)
- I’m probably the least competitive person you’ll ever meet. Possibly due to having three exceptionally talented older sisters. Possibly not.
- I am veryveryvery excited for the arrival of my new niece or nephew, but gutted that my husband gets to meet him or her before I do. My money’s on a girl, btw.
- I am now mildly obsessed with long distance train travel after our mega trip from Chicago to Seattle. (P.S. more on that coming tomorrow…) I’m looking for my next contender – any suggestions?
- I’m a quiet person, especially in groups. I just like hearing what everyone else has to say rather than listening to the sound of my own voice. Sometimes I worry that this makes me seem boring and/or aloof (given my RBF) but as I get older I’m accepting more that I am how I am and those that know me know this. And still hang out with me anyway.
- I am eating a Brussels sprout salad for my lunch and it’s surprisingly good. I only recently realised that it’s Brussels sprout and not Brussel sprouts. That kind of blew my tiny mind, I have to say.
If you want to share 7 things about yourself, please accept my nomination and get down with your bad self.
Happy Monday, everyone!