As someone who is terrible at packing, I’m trying to get ahead here and think things through at least 5 hours before I get on the plane. I’m not going til the 14th of May, which means I have time to buy any of the below items before I go… Just sayin…
Working through in columns…Things I don’t already own (or own similar of) I’ll be marking with a ^. At the end, you can tell me which of them I should buy 🙂
I already own a stripy maxi dress very similar to this one, which I think would do a good turn in either day or night time. The only trouble being I think there are a lot of steps to navigate, so as a clumsy person I’ll need to be careful with this.
^I think I need a day dress and I think this one from Boden is beautiful. They have it in plain navy on the UK site and I’m very close to pulling the trigger… Shame about the price tag though.
This skirt I already own (!) and I love it. It’s much more colourful than anything else I own and would similarly do well for day or night.
I have some plain navy shorts which I think will go better in Santorini than my usual beaten up denim ones. Mine have a little white frill at the bottom which I like a lot.
These are new to me too! Part of my birthday shopping treat. They don’t look that nice here, I’ll give you that, but they’re so comfy on and rolled up a little with a nice sandal they’ll be just the trick.
Plain black tee… enough said really. You can’t go anywhere without one of these.
And also a grey one, for when I spill ice cream down the black one.
A scarf, in case it gets cold in the evening.
A denim jacket, ditto.
^A white top, to give me options. This one is beautiful. If only it weren’t so expensive…
My trusty stripy bikini, which I love. I hear rumours of a hot tub so I’m going prepared.
I just got this dress from SheIn and it was the only good thing in my order of like, 7 things. I’m not shopping there again.
Yay for my fruit infuser bottle! It’ll definitely come in handy with all those steps.
^A backpack, to tote around all my photography equipment (unless S kindly volunteers again…).
Some sunglasses for obvious reasons. I’ll also be taking my contact lenses for all the vision.
My camera, which I love.
I adore these shoes, and they’re surprisingly comfy. Not comfy enough to wear all day though, so these will be evening wear only.
Then my TOMS for comfy daytime walking, after my Converse bruised my Achilles tendon (sadface).
And finally my Havaianas, which may or may not be real Havaianas. They work a dream and that’s all that matters to me (plus not paying stupid amounts for basic shoes).
Other things: suncream, a hat, books, all the gluten free food. We’re self catering this time, not getting caught short like I did in Istanbul!
So that’s me packed.
So which of the ^ items should I buy?
After years of hosting the #TravelTuesday link-up, Bonnie has decided to step away from her position as host. Please join us in thanking her for her contributions over the years and wishing her all the best in her endeavours!
Do YOU Want To Be The Next #TravelTuesday Host?!
We’re looking for the next travel crazy, social media savvy, bigger-than-life personality to become the new host and new face of the #TravelTuesday link-up! Nominations for yourself or others will be accepted today, May 3rd, through Sunday, May 15th. A shortlist of nominees will be announced on Tuesday, May 17th, and a vote will open for all to participate in selecting a new host!
Minimum #TravelTuesday Host Requirements:
1. Love TRAVEL and have had an active blog for at least six months.
2. Be awesome (goes without saying, right?).
3. Able to commit to at least a year of being the anchor host. General responsibilities include: the generation of the link-up, promoting the link-up and participants on social media, and in all respects being the face and personality of the #TravelTuesday link-up.
4. Facilitate the nomination and rotation of co-hosts every three months as in the past.
5. If at the end of the year you are unable or unwilling to continue being the anchor host, you will be required to reopen the nomination and voting process of a new anchor host.
Please send your nominations along with a brief explanation as to why you would be a great #TravelTuesday anchor host to any of the three co-hosts listed below before Sunday, May 15th:
Diana: dianadegzz (at) gmail.com
Rachel: anestingnomad (at) gmail.com
Katrina: thriftygypsytravels (at) gmail.com
Did you see this post from the Grey World Nomads last week on how to save a heap of money on your car hire costs? As someone who’s a) done their fare share of car hire abroad and b) definitely been stung with those extra fees to reduce your excess to zero, I found this really interesting and I will seriously consider using it for my next hire abroad. Which will be in Santorini 🙂
And now it’s your turn!
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favourite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about travelling somewhere!
2. GRAB the temporary button. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention one of your co-hosts in a link!
3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT.
4. FOLLOW your co-hosts on Bloglovin’.
5. CONNECT with your fellow travel loving bloggers! Be sure to leave a comment, and share your favourite posts on social media.
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month is a themed prompt, if you want to join in.
3. Include a (vertical 735px x 1102px) pinnable image in your blog post; as at least one of the co-hosts will be going around pinning your posts.
4. Don’t forget to use the #TravelTuesday hashtag on your social media platforms!