Seeing as I’m still fairly new around here, I thought I’d take the opportunity to let you get to know me a bit better.
Without further ado, here are 20 Facts About Me:
1. I’m tall. Better get this out of the way first, as it’s often one of the first things people say to me when they meet me. “Ooh, you’re tall!”. Yes, I had noticed.
2. I don’t own a TV. I’ve never regretted getting rid of it, not even once.
3. I’m one of the scattiest people I know. I’m always forgetting or losing things and it drives me mad.
4. I’m 27 but regularly get ID’d for alcohol, and even painkillers. I have such a babyface it’s unreal.
5. I hate the dust at the bottom of cereal packets. It’s such an extreme dislike that I have been known to sieve my cereal – yes, really.
6. My favourite author when I was a child was Gerald Durrell, and if I’m honest, he still is now.
7. I have always been a bit of a grammar pedant, but since I married a trained copy editor, it’s become much, much worse.
8. Invite me to the cinema, buy me popcorn, and I’m your best friend for life.
9. When I get cold, I get grumpy.
10. My spiritual home is Sydney, Australia and I go as often as budget and work permit.
11. I have been a diagnosed coeliac/celiac for 6 years.
12. I work full time in an industry broadly similar to financial services consulting (read: lots of excel, very stuffy, a fair bit of travel).
13. My favourite colour is green.
14. I like to think I’m quite an intuitive person, and I enjoy working people out. I’m not sure how good I really am though, because I always look for the best in people and this can lead to catastrophic errors.
15. My favourite band changes all the time as I get sick of music quite quickly, but I always seem to come back to the Chili Peppers. The John Frusciante years, obvs.
16. I’ve been married for just over 3 years.
17. I don’t really like talking to people on the phone; I much prefer a conversation face to face.
18. I really love pick n mix.
19. I am definitely a dog person. I do not trust cats.
20. I’m an introvert, and I like to spend a fair amount of time by myself.
Welp… That’s quite enough self reflection for one night. Happy hump day everyone, and enjoy the rest of your weeks.